Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV) B.Tech Computer Architecture Notes PDFs for Information Technology (IT)
In layman’s terms, computer architecture refers to the structure and organisation of a computer system. It includes the design ideas, components, and linkages that define a computer’s behaviour and performance. Understanding computer architecture is critical for B.Tech engineering students since it serves as the foundation for creating efficient and scalable computer systems.
Importance of Computer Architecture
The study of computer architecture is extremely important in B.Tech engineering. It provides students with the information they need to create computer systems that satisfy the growing needs for performance, power efficiency, and scalability. Students acquire insight into the underlying workings of processors, memory systems, and input/output devices through studying computer architecture, allowing them to make educated design decisions and optimisations.
1. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of computer architecture principles and concepts.
2. Introduce pupils to the components and structure of a computer system.
3. Discuss the significance of computer architecture in B.Tech Engineering.
4. Introduce pupils to other architectural models, such as Von Neumann and Harvard.
5. Discuss the differences and consequences of RISC and CISC architectures.
6. Investigate performance optimisation strategies such as pipelining and parallel processing.
7. Explain how cache memory helps to improve system performance.
8. Explain memory management techniques including virtual memory and memory allocation schemes.
9. Talk about input/output systems and interfaces, such as programmable and interrupt-driven I/O.
10. Introduce pupils to various instruction set architectures (ISAs) and their variants.
RGPV B.Tech Information Technology (IT) – Computer Architecture (IT402) Notes
Unit-1: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-2: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-3: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-4: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-5: DOWNLOAD PDF