Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV) B.Tech Operating Systems Notes PDFs for Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
An essential component of B.Tech computer science engineering is operating systems. The significance of operating systems in the field of computer science engineering is introduced in this article. It also describes the learning objectives for this subject’s course.
Importance of Operating Systems
Computer systems’ skeleton is made up of operating systems, which act as a bridge between hardware and software. They control system resources, aid in programme execution, and make sure the entire computer system runs smoothly. For the purpose of creating effective and dependable software applications, an understanding of operating systems is essential.
The following goals are intended to be accomplished by the operating systems course in the B.Tech computer science engineering programme:
1. Gain a thorough grasp of the concepts, elements, and features of operating systems.
2. Learn about process management, including the synchronisation, scheduling, and design of processes.
3. Recognise virtual memory, memory protection strategies, and memory management approaches.
4. Become familiar with file system implementation, file access techniques, and organisation.
5. Examine device drivers, I/O scheduling methods, and input/output systems.
6. Research the effects of scheduling methods on system performance.
7. Be familiar with deadlock management techniques to avoid and resolve them.
8. Become familiar with interprocess communication techniques and their uses.
9. Become familiar with methods for managing devices and creating device drivers.
RGPV B.Tech Computer Science Engineering (CSE) Operating Systems Notes
Unit-1: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-2: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-3: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-4: DOWNLOAD PDF
Unit-5: DOWNLOAD PDF